360ball game – A Different Type of Tennis
Tennis can be played indoors or outdoor this game is a kind of tennis but with a new environment and new rules. So, let’s see what this unique game is all about that is a 360ball game – A Different Type of Tennis.
Mark and John Collins created 360ball in 1990 and recreated it in 2010. It was created in South Africa but now it is played in many countries like Spain, France, Germany, etc.
How To Play
This is a new sport that uses the principle and properties of a circle to define the game. Players use a racket to hit the ball on a central concave disc because of which it bounces back in a different direction.
It can be played as a one-on-one or can be a doubles match. All players move around the central disc to strike the ball and the opponent gets ready to strike back on that disc to send it back to you.
In 360ball players constantly play and switch from offense to defense and can rotate freely around the central disc.
It seems easy but it is a game of endurance and quick reflexes because you never know how fast or where the ball will bounce.
The main objective of the game is to hit the ball so that the other player or team will be unable to return the ball.
| Suggested – What is Chess Boxing? History Rules how it played
Rules of 360ball
1. It can be played individually or as a duo.
2. The game has a central disc and is covered by a circular wall with a diameter of 5.8m. Players can stand in any quarter of that circle to begin the game.
3. The players must try to return the ball by also hitting it into the central disc.
4. The ball may bounce off the side walls before returning the ball.
5. A play can be played called ‘set’ where one team member passes the ball to their other member without hitting in the center.
6. In this game you will get points when opponents are unable to return the ball back to you.
7. In an individual match the players must not touch the ball twice, this will be considered a foul and opponents gets a point.
8. If the ball touched the ground, then the point is lost as an individual or team member who was not able to return the shot.
9. Every time the ball is grounded successfully, the player or team is awarded 1 point.
10. To win a game, the player or team must reach a total of 21 points with a minimum lead of 2 points.
E.g if the score is tied 20 – 20, then the game continues until 22 – 20 so there is a 2-point win.
11. A match is decided by the first team to win 3 games.
| Suggested – Headis game | How to play | History, Rules, and More
When I first found out about this game, I was like what is this. How can someone think about such games? Then I realized that I already saw games that are played on the ground as well as underwaters like underwater rugby, football, and much more.
But 360ball is a game that is more interesting or more exciting to watch. It doesn’t mean that tennis is not but people get excited when they see some quick actions in a game. For e.g., Volleyball.
At the first look I was like yeah, I want to give it a try. It is interesting to watch and yeah whenever I get a chance to play something like this, I will definitely give it a chance.
Sadly, I didn’t find anything about it related to India so I assume it has yet to be noticed by the Indian Audience. So, you can tell me how or what you liked about this awesome new game in the comments.
| Suggested – List of different water sports you must know about
So, I guess that’s all for today. If you enjoy reading it then comment down below and leave your suggestions and any other topics that I should write about in the comments.
Don’t just read alone share it with others in this way everybody will enjoy it. I will be back soon with another game or related info. Till then…
Tags: 360ball game – A Different Type of Tennis, 360 ball game, 360 ball game history, 360-degree ball game, 360ball game, 360ball game information,
360ball game instructions, 360ball game maker, 360ball game review, 360ball game rules, 360ball game tips, 360ball game to play, what are the different ball games