Volleyball Game | Rules, How to play, and more
Volleyball is a game between two teams with six players on the court to score points by dropping the ball on the other team’s court to get points for their team. Volleyball Game Rules How to play and more.
But in this game, you can only touch the ball for a few seconds and if it dropped on your side of the court opponent gets the point.
It is a game where each team gets equal opportunities for attacking so they need to make every turn to get the point on their side.
Recently I watch some live matches and it was cool to watch I will tell you about all this at the end in the My thoughts part so read till the end you might really like volleyball even if you can’t play you can watch matches.
History of Volleyball Game
Volleyball was invented in 1895 by William G. Morgan, physical director of the Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) in Holyoke, Massachusetts.
It was designed as an indoor sport for businessmen who found the new game of basketball too vigorous (too much physical strength).
Morgan called the sport “mintonette,” until a professor from Springfield College in Massachusetts noted the volleying nature of play and proposed the name “volleyball.”
-mintonette (A game played by two teams on a rectangular court divided by a high net, in which each team, using up to three hits per effort to return the ball, tries to drive the ball over the net onto the ground on the opposing team’s side.)
How to play Volleyball Game
Well, the game seems simple but it’s not. Here each team tries to make the ball fall on the other side’s court to collect points.
Not just do spikers try to slam the ball on the court but blockers also try to avoid the fall receivers trying to receive the ball at then setter sets the ball for the spikers.
I know you might be confused right now but simply put each player needs to be co-ordinated with their team to keep the ball in the air.
You might be completely new to the world of volleyball I was too but now I know pretty much about it.
Also, the match is played in 3 sets of 25 points. The team that manages to win 2 sets wins the game.
Different player positions/roles in Volleyball Game
1. Spikers – They are the ones who try to score by attacking.
2. Setter – They set the ball in the air for spikers to hit.
3. Servers – They begin the game by serving it to the other side of the court (that’s how the game starts).
4. Blockers – They try to block the spikers from attacking.
5. Receivers – they receive the servers and also receive the ball if blockers missed it.
6. Libero – This is a special position for the one who can’t attack but is specialized in defense.
7. Wing Spiker – This is also a special position given to the left spiker who is to be called “The Ace”. It’s really a great morale boost for the team to have their Ace in 100% top form.
In a few days or next week, I will post in detail about all the positions/roles and talk more about volleyball which I have come to know so stay tuned for it…
Really speaking it’s a fast-paced game and sometimes we miss the action. But after understanding and watching a few games you will get used to it. And it’s really COOL!!!
Rules of Volleyball Game
1. Each team must have 6 players on the court (with substitutions of course)
2. if the servers drop the ball on the net and it falls on the floor the opponents get the point.
3. Team is allowed only three touches of the ball before it must be returned over the other side.
4. If the spiker manages to hit the ball on the floor inside the boundaries, then their team gets 1 point.
5. If the blockers manage to block and the ball falls on the spiker’s side and hits the floor the blockers team gets a point.
6. Only one player can be substituted for each set.
7. Only libero can switch multiple times during the turn they need him.
8. The Libero cant take part in attacks.
9. If one team manages to score 25 points then they will win the first set and if they win 2 out of 3 sets then they will be the winners. (In Internationals there are 5 sets so 3 out of 5 to win)
10. If both teams got a tie at the 24th point (the match point) then it will be called deuce.
Then both teams need to take 2 points to lead on opponents to win that set.
–Theirs still much more about it which we will talk about some other time–
My thoughts on Volleyball Game
So, let’s be honest at first I had no clue about this game I have just heard about “Volleyball”. Then I searched about it and I found an anime named “Haikyuu” and after watching it I felt like when I will get to play this even for a little while.
Then I searched for tournament matches and at first, I was confused to that the actions happen pretty fast but now I got used to it and I enjoy every Volleyball match.
And I really didn’t know that there is an Indian Volleyball team present and play in Internationals So I have also planned to write about them to make everyone aware that their not just cricket but Indian teams play many games to make our country proud.
So, I guess that’s all for today. If you enjoy reading it then comment down below and leave you suggestions and any other topics that I should write about in the comments.
Don’t just read alone share it with others in this way everybody will enjoy it.
I will be back soon with another game or related info. Till then…
If you want to know the basics about the primary and pre-primary sections then you can visit – smartschool.infolips.com
– Who invented the game of volleyball, how many points to win a volleyball game, volleyball game, how many sets in a volleyball game, Volleyball Game Rules How to play and more, volleyball game history, volleyball game about,
volleyball game all information, volleyball game and rules, volleyball game basic rules, volleyball game basic –