Headis game | how to play, history, rules, and more
Headis is a mix of table tennis and the heading of association football. It is played at a regular table tennis table so it combines features of table tennis and the agility of the tennis. Headis game how to play, rules, history and more…
History of Headis Game
Headis (head + is [tennis] easy as it spells) was invented in 2006 by a sports student René Wegner.
A football pitch in Kaiserslautern, Germany was occupied but the table tennis table was available so they started playing a rubber ball only with their heads and from this Heads came to exist as a new and somewhat a fun game.
How to Play Headis Game
Two players play on a regular table tennis table and the ball must only make contact with your head. The table can be touched by any part of your body.
Playing a volley is allowed. After every ball played, you have to touch the ground before heading to the next ball.
Sets will be played up to 11 points, with the exception that players must win by 2 points. Games are decided by the best-of-three winner.
Rules of Headis
1. There will be two players for singles, four players for doubles.
2. Play starts with a service.
3. The ball can bounce once on your side before returning to the other side.
4. The ball can only be touched with the player’s head.
5. Hands or body can touch the table.
6. Players get to serve two times before changing service.
7. Each set will be consisted of 11 points and to win the game one should win by a margin of 2 points.
8. The matches will be the best of three so wine of 2 sets will be declared as the match-winner.
So, when I first found that this game exists, I didn’t believe it but then I searched about it and then understand that it is not just any game but an international level game.
Who would have thought that with a football and a tennis table we will get such an iconic game?
In my opinion, it’s great that people are creating some type of hybrid game and it can become the next big thing in sports.
So, if you enjoy reading it then comment down below and leave you suggestions and any other topics that I should write about in the comments.
Don’t just read alone share it with others in this way everybody will enjoy it.
That’s it for today then, I will be back soon with another game or related info. Till then…